Saturday, July 24, 2010

blog backgrounds

recently, i discovered the world that is "blog backgrounds." 
this has been a dangerous discovery.
i was pretty happy with my happy little bird on my background, but then tonight i looked at my blog and the pretty little bird was gone.
in its place was something very plain.  i don't even remember the color.  pink, i think.

and this would not do, because if i remember correctly, it wasn't even a pretty pink.  it was an anemic pink.  and who wants an anemic pink background for their blog?

not i.

so, i went to the cutest blog on the block website, where i was completely overwhelmed (even though this is where i got my last blog background), and then i did a little blog background googling.  and i discovered shabby blogs.  i think i tried nearly all of their backgrounds on my blog.  but i was so picky! 
one was too perky.
another too dark.
some of them i wanted to like because of the titles (french linen, sleeping porch, poet and painter, daydream believer).  some of them i thought i would like until i actually put them on my blog, and then i hated them.  i ended up choosing fairy forest, which was actually the first background i tried.  i don't even know if it is my favorite background.  but i had to STOP.  because i was getting obsessive.  and fretful.  and suddenly the process because arduous rather than fun.
i wonder how many times i changed my background tonight.
30?
at least?

i wonder if the process of choosing a blog background actually deserves an entire blog entry all to itself. 
probably  not.
but tonight...
it's all i've got. 

oh.  one more thing.  tomorrow, at revolution, i am supposed to bring a symbol of something beautiful that i've seen, because we are finishing up the renditions series with a conversation about beauty and justice (i just totally stole that wording from the revolution fb page.  is that copyright infringement?).  i am not even at home to pick something out, because my home is very un-beautiful right now as matt is, probably right this second, ripping up my kitchen (while i engage in inane activities like blog background hunting).  what should i bring?  i might take in my new journal. it is still wrapped up in its crinkly barnes and noble bag, but every once in awhile i peek in the bag.  i can't actually write in it until i finish the one i have (which is very close to being complete).  i do think my new journal beautiful.  Here's what it looks like. 

what do you think? 

actually, here's what i would really like to know: if i were to ask you to show me a symbol of something beautiful that you  have seen, what would you show me? 

3 comments:

  1. I would show you my family.

    Although they are really nerve racking at times, they are beautiful!

    Love the journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two awards for you over at my blog. Stop by and pick them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! Your background discovery made me laugh because that's the kind of thing that I do all the time. Probably one of the worst was getting lost on an awesome free font site...and I still go over there. Scary but fun!! :D I love the background you have right now.

    ReplyDelete