Friday, July 9, 2010



My Daybook Entry...

Outside my window. . .I see my towering corn with ears just about ready to pick, the cheerful faces of my sunflowers, my brightly painted rain barrel, a very large and ominous-looking bug, weeds.

I am thinking. . .that I wish I were as cheerful as my sunflowers, as hardy as my corn, as carefree as my kids, as mellow as my dog.

From the learning room. . .there is silence. 

I am thankful for. . .the earthy joy of my garden, the pure love of my kids, the beautiful hearts of my true friends, the rich soul of my husband.

From the kitchen. . .I am anticipating tomorrow morning's planned pesto-making.

I am wearing. . a black tank top and blue jeans.

I am creating. . .an essay to read in church next Sunday.

I am going. . .to have a busy weekend!  This afternoon I need to pick up my raw milk order.  Tonight is a VBS program.  Tomorrow is a house-warming party.  Sunday is church and then a barbecue with some of my favorite people.

I am reading. . .Anne Lamott's novel Blue Shoe.

I am hoping. . .to get the bedrooms finished this weekend.

I am hearing. . .the classical station channeled in through the baby monitor.

Around the house. . .much to do!  Weeds to pull, revamped bedrooms to finish organizing, laundry, etc, etc, etc.

One of my favorite things. . .Sitting on the porch with Matt after the kids go to bed.

A few plans for the rest of the week. . .(I am now repeating myself) Finish those bedrooms!  Finish my essay.  Make pesto.  Maybe buy a bike?

Here is a picture thought I am sharing. . .





These are last year's tomatoes, but soon--very, very soon--those 7-foot-tall tomato plants in my backyard are going to be sharing their prolific fruits with me.  I.can't.wait.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, following you from TOS crew:) I like your artwork! Sounds like a lovely weekend:) Nice to "meet" you, look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete